.NET going open source(sort of)

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 20:36:06 CDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2007 22:48:21 EA Durbin wrote:
> > Looks like Microsoft is making their source code available for the .NET
> > libraries. under their reference license.
> >
> > http://www.whurley.com/blog/2007/10/opennet-microso.html
> IIRC the MS reference license is pretty useless for (L)GPL development. Can we
> get a statement from the FSF or SFLC on that?

At Wineconf, we should compile a list of things to go over with the
SFLC. I'd like to have a discussion about this and other topics
including the concept of developer "taint" given the recent liberal
sharing of the Windows Research Kernel

I have a few other topics in mind and will be putting together a short
PowerPoint on the subject if anyone is interested.

Steven Edwards