Wine 1.0 bugs, release criteria

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at
Sat Oct 6 10:05:34 CDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> At Wineconf 2007, I was appointed to be the guy who decides
> (with Alexandre's approval) what bugs are 1.0 bugs and what aren't.
> So I've started adjusting the "Target Release" fields on a few
> bugs in Bugzilla.
> Over the next month or so, I'd like Wine developers to nominate important
> bugs for 1.0 by setting their "target release" field to 1.0.  Later on we'll
> clean up and freeze the list somehow.
> Also, I've put together a draft wiki page with our 1.0 release criteria; it's at
> Comments?
> - Dan

Can find get a timeline for the feature freeze and the 1.0 release?
Also are we going to have a stable branch and a development branch
post 1.0? That way I can know the window for merging the DIB engine.
It'll likely be post 1.0 because I'm too busy in school at the moment.
It doesn't need to be a 1.0 bug because it only affects performance