make test drill

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 02:36:59 CDT 2007

On 10/10/2007, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> I think a test that fails, or crashes a system because of a driver bug is a broken test.
> It's admittedly hard to write a test that will detect a vmware situation or driver
> bug and work around it, but I think that is what we should do.

At that point the only real option is keeping a list of blacklisted
video drivers (which some applications actually sort of do), but I'm
not sure we really want to go there. I do think we should investigate
native failures, and fix them if possible, but if tests fail because
eg. vmware has a broken d3d implementation, I think the test is
essentially doing what it should do.