make test drill

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Oct 12 05:27:41 CDT 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Steven Edwards wrote:
[...]
> Just to be clear, what I mean is a whitelist rather than a blacklist.

The problem with whitelists is that they will stop us from finding where
there are issues. They may be ok when running the tests on Windows as we
don't really care if our tests cannot run on a Windows system due to a
Windows driver bug. However we want to know about the Linux systems (Mac
OS X, FreeBSD, etc) where Wine runs into driver bugs because we want to
workaround these bugs where possible. So on Linux we should use
blacklists.

  Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
                               -- Barry LePatner