USER32: fix EM_SETLIMITTEXT with zeroed args (with tests)

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Sat Oct 13 03:19:22 CDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, a_villacis at wrote:
> This patch implements the higher limits for EM_SETLIMITTEXT with
> zeroed wParam and lParam, when the reported Windows version is WinNT,
> Win2k and higher. It also implements a default maximum limit of 30000
> before receiving any EM_SETLIMITTEXT message. Tests are given for all
> of this.

I have not read the patch, but unless there is a Win9x application that
depends on the lower limit, it would be better to simply always support
the higher size, independently of the emulated Windows version.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"