make test drill

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Sat Oct 13 04:26:23 CDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Or do a bugreport for X / your distro! :)
> But I just tried bothering our X developers, but mentioning the Xorg "ati"
> driver (for my Radeon Mobility) just causes laughs. :/

For a while my X server was crashing whenever I would exit MythTV or run
the Wine tests. It turns out the ATI drivers (or X itself, I'm not sure)
have a bug which is triggered when DRI is disabled, but the X developers
did not seem interested in fixing it. For me DRI got disabled because
the file got moved to another Debian package during an
upgrade and thus was missing. Hopefully this bit of info can help others
who get X crashes when running the Wine tests.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
    Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?