make test drill

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Oct 13 04:26:23 CDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Marcus Meissner wrote:
[...]
> Or do a bugreport for X / your distro! :)
>
> But I just tried bothering our X developers, but mentioning the Xorg "ati"
> driver (for my Radeon Mobility) just causes laughs. :/

Yep.

For a while my X server was crashing whenever I would exit MythTV or run
the Wine tests. It turns out the ATI drivers (or X itself, I'm not sure)
have a bug which is triggered when DRI is disabled, but the X developers
did not seem interested in fixing it. For me DRI got disabled because
the radeon_dri.so file got moved to another Debian package during an
upgrade and thus was missing. Hopefully this bit of info can help others
who get X crashes when running the Wine tests.

    Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?