Make test drill, next steps, call for help with Winetest

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Oct 15 11:16:49 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 10:48 -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> In my opinion, it needs the following:
>
>   1.  A Wiki page!
>
>       I could not find *any* documentation on this utility.
>
>       For example, I'm still not entirely clear on how to
>       setup and/or register my build.id so that my results
>       are available on the web site.  (And the rather
>       non intuitive requirement to 'know' the unpublished
>       url http://test.winehq.org/data/  is harsh).

The plan was to have a home page at:
     http://test.winehq.org
that would contain the explanation, plus an
index for the tests (hopefully organized nicely).

That didn't happen...

>   2.  Headless operation
>
>       From my experiments, there were a number of dialogs
>       I had to dismiss, and some worrying complaints in
>       unpacking msvcrtd and msvcrt tests.
>
>       This second point is probably a bit less important
>       than the first.

There is a headless operation mode already, it detects
if you run it as a service, and skips appropriate tests.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.