Have `make distclean` also remove .i and .s files

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Oct 15 15:30:09 CDT 2007

Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer.com> writes:

> The GNU Coding Conventions (make distclean is a GNU invention as far
> as I know) says the following:
>
>   distclean: Delete all files in the current directory (or created by
>   this makefile) that are created by configuring or building the program.
>   If you have unpacked the source and built the program without creating
>   any other files, `make distclean` should leave only the files that were
>   in the distribution.
>
> Any chance of you reconsidering this?

Well, following the GNU conventions would mean removing a lot of
things from the existing make distclean, and I could be persuaded to
do that.

Adding *.i and *.s would be moving in the wrong direction, they are
not generated by building Wine, except if you add special options; but
if you allow this then there is no limit to the amount of things that
we could potentially add.

If you really want to remove everything except tracked files you can
always use git-clean -x (of course you'd need to switch to git first ;-)

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org