Priority/severity of test suite hangs

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:02:22 CDT 2007

Dan Kegel schreef:
> I'm going to start filing bugs for anything that makes
> the test suite hang, and I'm going to lash out and
> give them unreasonably high priority and severity.
> There's just no excuse for a test suite that can't
> run to completion.

You might want to run the tests with WINEDEBUG=warn+heap, this will do 2
things:
1. Allocated memory will be filled with 0x55's.
2. Freed memory will be filled with 0xaa's.

If something dereferences a structure it will use those magic values and
then crash with values close to 0x55555555 or 0xaaaaaaaa which makes
debugging easier. I just found a crash in crypt32 cert test that way,
which would be a good bug report as well. Those issues are normally very
hard to track down otherwise.

Cheers,
Maarten.