Phoronix: Ubuntu 7.10 + WINE vs. Windows XP

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at
Sun Oct 21 09:57:58 CDT 2007

H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 21/10/2007, Scott Ritchie <scott at> wrote:
>> Speaking of which, why do we still not have a GUI option for them in
>> winecfg?
>> And, more to the point, are they nearly stable enough to be default yet?
> They should probably be default these days.
GLSL maybe, but not FBO. It causes major slowdown in most source games. And
I'm talking about drop to 0.1 FPS. If that can be fixed then I don't see
major reasons why FBO can't be the default. If anything it does fix a lot of
lighting and geometry related problems in number of other games.