ReplaceFileW (was: Phoronix: Ubuntu 7.10 + WINE vs. Windows XP)

Stephan Rose kermos at
Sun Oct 21 18:07:07 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 19:33 +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Reece Dunn" <msclrhd at> wrote:
> >>
> >> Really?  Where did he say that?  It'd be nice to link to that from
> >>
> >> - Dan
> >
> > I asked him about it at WineConf and that is a summary of what he said.
> I can't believe this, probably you misunderstood or misinterpreted something.
> ReplaceFile API needs to abide sharing and access rights rules which are known
> only to wineserver, and not known/available on the libc/kernel level.

Ok so what's the right way to implement this now? If I'm going to do
this, and I most certainly wouldn't mind doing that, I'd like to be able
to do it the right way the first time around.