How long should 'make test' take?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Oct 24 13:17:19 CDT 2007

Here are all the tests that take more than five seconds:

5.407s  advapi32_test.exe.so service.c
6.010s  kernel32_test.exe.so console.c
6.252s  user32_test.exe.so msg.c
9.657s  kernel32_test.exe.so process.c
12.053s winmm_test.exe.so timer.c
14.080s shell32_test.exe.so shlexec.c
17.760s msi_test.exe.so install.c
24.018s winmm_test.exe.so wave.c
648.722s        wininet_test.exe.so ftp.c

Other than wininet's ftp test and maybe winmm's wave test,
the overall time seems reasonable.

IMHO we should disable the ftp test until its runtime can
be brought down below 20 seconds.  It's just too slow,
and too dependent on stuff not under Wine's control
(e.g. one's internet connection).

And I have a really fast internet connection... it's
just that my ping time to winehq is 80ms.  I bet
the ftp test runs fast in Minneapolis...
- Dan