How long should 'make test' take?

Hans Leidekker hans at
Wed Oct 24 15:32:14 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 20:57:08 Hans Leidekker wrote:

> I count 20 InternetConnect calls in ftp.c so with your 20 second
> quota we have about one second per connection. On my Windows VM
> the test takes about 13 seconds so I think we should be able to
> bring it down to below 20 seconds. I'll look into it.

Switching to another server (vsftpd) the test finishes under 5 seconds.
What stands out from Wireshark traces is that we never get a FIN packet
from winehq. This leaves the connections in CLOSE_WAIT state, meaning
long timeouts. vsftpd responds with RST to our FIN, ACK. So fast
termination, but still not the way it should be. I need to find out
why the ftp servers don't like our behaviour. Hmm, could it be as
simple as not saying 'bye' to close the session?