ddraw:d3d tests failing consistently

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 25 18:36:01 CDT 2007

Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2007 01:22:22 schrieb Reece Dunn:
> Also, I suspect that it would be worth adding vmware in the test
> cases. That is, something like:
>
>    ok( ret == 129 /* Windows */ || ret == 133 /* VMware */, ... );
>
> This would mean that the tests that are consistently (and predictably)
> failing under vmware will not show up on the test failures, so we can
> investigate actual failures.
Well, then we could add a ret == 666 /* Parallels */ too... I am not really
fond of "fixing" our tests to succeed in vmware, I'd rather skip them
entirely. Although the technically correct thing to do is to just let them
fail. VMware has a broken d3d implementation, our tests detect that, mission
accomplished.

Appart of that, with these specific tests I have seen one failure on a real
windows box too, perhaps I should loosen the test precision on some of those
tests(This was in the area of 0.000x, not a difference of 129 and 133).