Make test drill, next steps, call for help with Winetest

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Mon Oct 29 03:58:12 CDT 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:

> On Sa, 2007-10-27 at 14:03 +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> >
> > Things still on the todo list:
> >  * the script also grabs the winetest.exe signature and attempts to
> > verify it. But I don't know where to find the corresponding public
> > key
> > (651FD487) so I don't know if this really works.
> Paul's homepage:
> $ gpg --list-keys paulm
> pub   1024D/BF0F03E9 2000-11-07
> uid                  Paul Millar (Physics & Astronomy)
> sub   1024g/1034BACC 2000-11-07

When I run 'gpg --list-keys paulm' all I get is this first key, but the
one I need is the one below... Same thing if I go to the URL listed on his page.

> pub   1024D/651FD487 2002-05-11
> uid                  quisquiliae (automatic program for testing WINE)
> sub   1024g/420F3FE4 2002-05-11
> My script loads the signature and verify the winetest-latest.exe.
> When gpg failed to verify the binary, a new winetest is available.
> The new binary is downloaded and checked again.
> When the check was ok, the winetest-lastest is copied to the destination
> and qemu is started for every image.

Sounds like a good idea.

> To bad, that qemu 0.9.0 crash on "ntdll_text.exe exception" ...

Maybe you can try VirtualBox. Apparently it's GPL...
Though if it's incompatible with qemu it would force you to make a
choice between them.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
                     Avoid the Gates of Hell - use Linux.