Make test drill, next steps, call for help with Winetest

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Oct 29 04:11:47 CDT 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
[...]
> I achieved much the same thing by putting a wget script in the
> Auto-startup folder of Windows. Then I copy in this vmware windows
> virtual machine and start it. Then Windows itself downloads winetest
> and upon completion, does a shutdown -h now. (Via cygwin.) I often
> find cygwin a relief when working with Windows.

While I prefer the autorun approach because it has fewer dependencies on
the Windows side and thus allows me to test in as clean a Windows as
desired, your approach could be pretty useful for testing on a real
Windows machine. Maybe if you post your script with some instructions it
will inspire some people to set up automated testing on their real
Windows machines. I'm sure it would make the Direct3D guys happy (if the
testers have Nvidia ;-) ).

  Any sufficiently advanced Operating System is indistinguishable from Linux