New Wine help and discussion forum

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:35:14 CDT 2007

Hi,

On 10/29/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> So you're the guilty party!  Next time you decide to shake
> up the wine community like that, please consider discussing
> the move with the developer community first.

Yes...well I plead no contest anyway. I did not gather from the
Wineconf discussion that we had actually reached consensus
on a method. I just thought you we're going to throw the google
groups idea out to the community at large.

<snip>

> As an experiment, I've set up a google groups front end for
> wine-users.  It's at http://groups.google.com/group/wine-users/
> For this to become real, we'd have to switch the mailman user
> list over.
>
> Do folks think we should try that?  Or do people really think
> we should kill the mailing list and go to a forum?

My vote is for a forum. I am not big on the google groups layout. Tom
has offered his services and has a lot of experience with Wine users
and support so I think we should go with that.

--
Steven Edwards