winex11drv: Initialize real default mode in xrandr and xvidmode backends

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 03:14:27 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 10:47:34 pm Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> -    X11DRV_Settings_SetDefaultMode(0);
> +
> +    default_mode = X11DRV_XRandR_GetCurrentMode();
> +    TRACE("default mode: %d\n", default_mode);
> +    X11DRV_Settings_SetDefaultMode(default_mode);

This has been brought up on IRC before, and I believe the concensus was you
can't rely on the current mode when starting the app because there's no way
to tell if the current mode is the default or something another app set.

As far as XRandR is concerned, mode 0 is always the default, but the desktop
manager can set a different mode per user on login. The way to fix this would
be to get some way to query the desktop manager for the default mode, or to
extend XRandR to be able to change and report different defaults. Neither of
which is possible right now.