Tips needed for debugging Skype on Wine (Access violation)

Paul Vriens at
Wed Oct 31 09:08:35 CDT 2007

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Paul Vriens" < at> wrote:
>>> Paul, what values IsWow64Process() returns on your box? Is that 32-bit,
>>> or 64-bit machine?
>> (It wasn't meant as patch that's why I put it between quotes.)
>> What do you mean with "what values IsWow64Process() returns" ? This is
>> hardcoded in process.c
> Sorry, meant to ask "on your XP box".
So as said, that's the same as on Wine.

I guess it's just because Skype takes a different path on error. Skype also
continues when *Wow64Process is set to TRUE instead of FALSE.

So maybe it has nothing to do with it.

Running the app on Wine as W2K also fails with the same error but IsWow.. is not
called there.