UbiSoft giving away games

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Sep 2 05:22:43 CDT 2007

Am Sonntag, 2. September 2007 06:58 schrieb Michael Lothian:
> Hi
>
> Just thought I'd share this with you all.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=42069
>
> For those of you that haven't heard
>
> I know FarCry works with wine I'm not sure about the other 2 but it could
> be worth making them work if they don't as a PR exercise especally if they
> work under Ceider
PoP SoT also works, but I think it has some graphics troubles. Also it is
multithreaded, so it depends a bit on well-behaved drivers.

Andras fixed a bug in Rayman Raving Rabbids some time ago(not d3d related I
afair, it was some input stuff), I think that game runs now too.

Far Cry, as you say, runs properly in opengl mode, and d3d mode, at least with
1.x shaders. 2.x shaders and hdr had some problems. It has input troubles
too.

I would love it if they freed good old settlers 2 :-) I know it's available on
abadonware sites, but still :-)