Would like to contribute to wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Sep 4 02:38:20 CDT 2007

Maciej wrote:
> I'm looking for subject for my Master's thesis. It might be interesting to
> do something useful for Wine.

A few things you could help finish:

1) widl, Wine's IDL compiler.  Dan Hipschman has been
improving widl for some time, but his internship is up
in a couple months, and I'm sure he'd love some help.

2) crypt32 / wintrust.  Lots of apps need these.  Juan Lang
has been working on these this summer, but his internship
is up at the end of the month, and I'll bet he has a
big todo list.

3) gdiplus.  Evan Stade did a great job getting this going,
and several apps that need it now run, but there's lots
left to do.

4) msvcrt.  Believe it or not, our bugzilla lists 21 or so bugs
against the C runtime library.  You'd think we'd have that
finished by now, but no.

5) wintab, i.e. the library and service that lets Tablet PC apps run.
John Klehm got started on that this summer, but
wasn't able to get the event sink demo app running.

All of the above would probably be fun, and all have the property
that you could make useful progress in a month or two.  I'm sure there
are lots of
other ideas...
- Dan