IDirect3DImpl_EnumDevices only enumerating IID_IDirect3DTnLHalDevice

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Sep 6 03:48:03 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2007 17:05:19 schrieb David Hedberg:
> I've implemented a small test here, but to be honest I'm not really
> sure what to test for :)
>
> The current test only tests what the game in question seems to rely
> on, which is that TnLHalDevice should never be the only device
> enumerated by IDirect3D7_EnumDevices.
>
> In addition to this, I think it's "reasonably possible" to make two
> additional assumptions, which is that RGBDevice is always and
> enumerated, and that if there is a TnlHal device, a Hal device is also
> present. Should I add such tests based on my assumptions (and limited
> test runs) only?
Your test so far looks good, but I think your two additional assumptions sound
sane too. You could extend your test with them and post the test on
wine-devel, asking people to run it on different Windows drivers. Or just
send them to wine-patches, there are automatic tests, if your tests fail
we'll see that on the result pages.