settlers 3 and dib engine

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:21:12 CDT 2007

On 9/8/07, Skrzynka <skrzynka365 at konto.pl> wrote:
> I'll do what I can. However it's far too early to bother about my commits :)
> I'm trying to compare and understand the control flow of both drivers
> (winex11 and winedib). At which function in winex11 is copying data
> to/from server taking place? And in what function/file is the check for
> winedib driver availability done?
> Thanks
>   Piotr

Feel free to use this list if you want to ask anything or discuss
(it's what it's for). I was calling Settlers 3 a test app, and
rightfully so as you have shown you have regressions. As for copying
to a from winex11? If you are talking about getting a dib from a ddb,
you use GetDIBits. If you are talking about the old needless copying
done with winex11 (because graphics are done in the server), well,
using the dib engine is going to make it go away, and since we are
writing the dib engine from scratch, it doesn't have any of it.

Jesse