settlers 3 and dib engine

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:13:57 CDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Piotr Maceluch <skrzynka365 at konto.pl> wrote:
> As I'm new to Wine/X development, what I'd appreciate the most, is
> critical comments on the attached patch: is omitting XGetPixel/XSetPixel
> and reading directly XImage data a correct solution? Am I allowed to use
> inline assembler in above case? Any other issues?
> Thanks & regards

Does this problem still appear with the DIB engine? As I don't know
winex11, I can't tell you for sure if not using X Get/Set Pixel really
matters. However you may be fixing a bug in the process, so you might
want to look at bug 4277 and concentrate on that first. Speed is nice,
but correctness should come first.

As for the DIB engine, all this shouldn't matter, however, winex11
probably still needs to be able to read and set DIBs, and that means
we should fix existing issues like you are having.

Jesse