iTunes 7

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Sep 11 17:34:05 CDT 2007

Juan Lang wrote:
> Folks, I just sent a series of wintrust patches that gets iTunes 7 to
> start, at least for me.  I expect some will get rejected due to
> collision with Francois's patch - I'll resynch and resend.  But if you
> want to play around with iTunes, grab those patches and give them a
> whirl.
>
> Known issues:
> 1. Your screen will go black when it starts.  This is something
> QuickTime is doing.  You can drag windows around to force some
> repainting to work around it.
> 2. You'll see lots of fixmes on the console, especially:
> "fixme:setupapi:CMP_WaitNoPendingInstallEvents 0",
> "fixme:setupapi:SetupDiGetClassDevsW returning empty list", and
> "fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_PRETRANSLATEMESSAGE not handled."
> 3. The main window will be transparent (and basically unusable) if you
> don't have GL support compiled in.
>
> Have fun,
> --Juan

You are amazing.  If iTunes 7 can be made to work by 0.9.45 (or 0.9.46),
it can make it into Ubuntu Gutsy.  Seeing as how iTunes is consistently
one of our top 5 demanded apps, the improvement from the user's
perspective will be palpable.

Combined with everything else the team has been doing lately, I can just
see the buzz: "Wow, Wine really is improving quickly and starting to
"just work."

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie