WGL: Fix a major ATI regression

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:31:42 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 04:09:14 pm Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
> +        visinfo = pglXGetVisualFromFBConfig(display, cfgs[i]);
> +        /* We have found an offscreen rendering format when there is no
> visualinfo :) */
> +        if(visinfo->visualid == visualid) {
>              pglXGetFBConfigAttrib(display, cfgs[i], GLX_FBCONFIG_ID,
>              &fmt_id);
>              fbconfig = cfgs[i];
>          }

You're using visinfo before making sure it's valid. And I think that comment
is a little misleading talking about offscreen formats when checking for the
default visual.

> +        if(!visinfo) {
>              nOffscreenFormats++;
>          }
> +        XFree(visinfo);

I don't think we can rely on being able to safely XFree a NULL pointer. None
of the other code in opengl.c relies in that behavior.