patches to make wine compile on osx

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sun Sep 16 04:22:33 CDT 2007

Hi Daniel,

A few comments regarding the patches. First of all you should use a single
patch file for each patch (this makes tracking patches easier). Now over to
the patches.

Regarding wineosxtypeerrors.patch:
-  'GLenum' should be 'unsigned int' instead of int. I don't understand why
the casts are needed as it should just get the type info from gl.h. I think
that using '%u' for unsigned data could fix most of your problems.

Regarding wineosxglexterrors.patch:
- Same comment regarding unsigned int data. (make this a separate patch)
- GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV should be handled in include/wine/wgl.h, strange
that I didn't receive compile failures for linux about it .. perhaps it is
already in the mesa headers. (make this a separate patch)

Anyway I would define GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV like this:
#ifndef GL_NV_texture_rectangle
#define GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV 0x84F5
#define GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_RECTANGLE_NV 0x84F6
#define GL_PROXY_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV 0x84F7
#define GL_MAX_RECTANGLE_TEXTURE_SIZE_NV 0x84F8
#endif

The extension is fully compatible with GL_ARB_texture_rectangle which osx
should have and GL_EXT_texture_rectangle is likely the same. (the constants
between the ARB and NV one are also the same, I expect the same for EXT and
ARB)

Regards,
Roderick Colenbrander