make crosstest is missing -lcabinet

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:48:30 CDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Pedro Araújo <inckie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to cross-compile the Wine tests, but I keep getting this
> error:
>
> $ ./configure && make crosstest
> [SNIP]
> i586-mingw32msvc-gcc advpack.cross.o files.cross.o install.cross.o
> testlist.cross.o -o advpack_crosstest.exe -lcabinet -luser32 -ladvapi32
> -lkernel32
> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/3.4.5/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lcabinet
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [advpack_crosstest.exe] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/.../dlls/advpack/tests'
> make[1]: *** [advpack/tests/__crosstest__] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/.../dlls'
> make: *** [dlls/__crosstest__] Error 2
>
> Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you need to patch your mingw w32api (not surprising as the
way it comes is way out of sync with wine).

These pages should help you:
[1] http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/cross-compiling-tests
[2] http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/testing-windows

You will actually need more patches than are included in Hans
Leidekker's RPM (linked from [1]). You'll get different missing lib
errors otherwise. I believe Stefan Liechter has sent the needed
patches since Han's has updated his rpm. They are attached to this
mail.

If you just want a binary winetest to run on windows its much easier
to grab paul millars:
Linked to from [2].

I haven't tested this lately and the w32api may need more patches
still in order to get it to compile the latest wine git tests. Paul
millars latest winetest is usually a good indication of when the last
time wine's tests were cross compilable.

Regards,
John Klehm