Handling New IDLs with widl

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Sep 19 16:53:44 CDT 2007

Roy wrote:
> I'm looking for advice on how to integrate a new idl into wine.
>
> I'm implementing bits and using the widl compiler on the IDL I wrote.  My
> current setup places the IDL in include/ with the build system generating a
> header file that it posits there.  So far, so good.
>
> I now need to generate bits_i.c and link that into my dll located in dlls/bits.
> Adding:
>
> ----
> IDL_I_SRCS = $(TOPSRCDIR)/include/bits.idl
> ----
>
> to dlls/bits/Makefile.in solves this problem but drops the bits_i.c into
> include/.  This is rather messy.

Hi Roy,

The way it's done for shared IDL files, like include/wine/irot.idl is to
create a dummy IDL file in the directory you want to create the
generated files in (see dlls/ole32/irot.idl) that simply includes the
shared IDL file.

Also, you might want to use your full name when submitting patches.

--
Rob Shearman