CryptAcquireContext Failure, default/Type 024 requested

Rob Seger rob.seger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 23:52:22 CDT 2007

Wine currently supports types 001 and 012, but I have a new game
attempting to use type 024
(Software\\Microsoft\\Cryptography\\Defaults \\Provider Types\\Type
024). I've googled, as well as searched MSDN, for a reference as to
what the crypt provider type 024 even is with no success. Does anyone
know?

Looking through the advapi32.dll code, this looks like it might be a
serious undertaking to implement. Is that estimation accurate? Does
anyone have any tips or pointers about implementing an entire CSP in
wine?

I appreciate any help, keep up the good work all!

Rob