wine.inf: add some four keys in Active Setup\Installed Components [resend]

Mikołaj Zalewski mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Sun Sep 23 00:58:58 CDT 2007

Robert Shearman wrote:
> You might want to find four real components always present on Windows to
> add to this key.

  From the keys present on my system I could add HTML Help, DirectDrawEx
and some two versions of .NET Framework but I didn't know if it wouldn't
interfere with some setup programs - e.g. they would claim the
information is incomplete because the others subkeys of Active Setup are
missing. Especially that it seems there is no official documentation of
it. On the other hand from what I've found on some forums adding new
keys is something what sysadmins sometimes do to run software for all
users so it should be safe. But if it's better to add real keys I can
change the patch.

Mikolaj Zalewski