pdh: add tests for XP variant of api call

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Mon Sep 24 07:46:06 CDT 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 14:20:12 Jeff Latimer wrote:

> > All tests succeed here on 2003 without your patch.
> That means that they must be XP specific.  I noticed some vista specfic
> bugs bugs being reported.

The failures on Vista are at least in part different from XPs because
of insufficient privileges.

>  From this we should write tests to accept all values.  It would seem
> that the wine dll still needs to implement the API accurately, so you
> are saying, code the API correctly but make the tests generic?

Quote from MSDN on PdhLookupPerfNameByIndex:

 PDH_INVALID_ARGUMENT
 A parameter is not valid or is incorrectly formatted. For example,
 on some releases you could receive this error if the specified size
 on input is greater than zero but less than the required size.

So we should accept this return value too. Our implemention is fine
as-is because it still passes the test.

Note that there is another problem with the tests which is that
performance counter names are localized but the tests assume that the
current locale is English. I intend to fix this in my next batch of
patches.

 -Hans