Does MWM_DECOR_BORDER really cause window to have caption?

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Mon Sep 24 07:57:30 CDT 2007

> > Anyway, what is the purpose of setting MWM_DECOR_BORDER to borderless
> > window (style is WS_CLIPSIBLINGS only)? KDE, XFCE, fluxbox work OK
> > without it.
>
> If you mean the following line in
> dlls/winex11.drv/window.c,X11DRV_set_wm_hints()
>
>         else if (!(style & (WS_CHILD|WS_POPUP))) mwm_hints.decorations |=
> MWM_DECOR_BORDER;
>
> then you can always send a patch with an explanation why it's needed.
  Of course, I can send a patch, which just removes this line with some
explanations (referring to winamp), but I'm afraid it may break something.
Since original patch introduced this code, there is an application which
depends on this.
  But that original patch does not contain any hint, so I ask the list in hope
somebody might know the reason.

--
Kirill