No subject

Wed Sep 12 14:47:10 CDT 2007

algorithms. Wouldn't it be better to place the tables at libwine, but
the algorithm at uniscribe, if only to follow Window's design of things?

Also, I suspect it might be necessary, at some point in the extreme
distant future, to do some deviation from the Unicode algorithm. It's
pretty far away, as we're talking about nuances that are hard to pick if
you don't know your stuff, but there are places where Windows can be
said to be either implementing an old version of the standard, or
implementing its own idea altogether.

My original plan was to import the fribidi code into a subdirectory of
the wine tree, and make the necessary changes there.

On a related note - I haven't been able to get an answer to that one,
not even through experimentation. Does anyone know whether Windows'
Unicode is UTF-16 or UCS-2? Whether it's necessary to handle aggregates
is crucially important when reordering characters.

Shachar