Total bidi regression

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Wed Sep 26 10:19:42 CDT 2007

Hi Maarten,

It seems that since your last changes to the Bidi implementation, BiDi
suffered total regression. At least on my system, no BiDi related text
(neither Hebrew nor Arabic) gets reordered, at all. Placing breakpoints
suggest that BIDI_Reorder is still getting called, so I can only assume
that the problem is somewhere inside it (or in the classification)

I haven't traced inside to see where things went wrong, nor do I know
whether your work on that matter is done. I just wanted to point out
that Wine, at the moment, performs no BiDi at all as far as the user is
concerned.

Shachar