DInput mouse - where to go from here?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Sep 26 23:48:23 CDT 2007

On Thursday September 27 2007 04:07, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> The point I'm trying to make is: can we once put our "right ways of doing
> things" aside and fix something that never worked before? And fix it _for
> good_!

	I strongly agree here with Vitaliy.
	Personally I think that using evdev for this purpose IS the "right way". Yes
it will not work with remote X but Windows doesn't support this too (as far
as I know at least). WINE purpose is to conform with Windows behavior.
Therefore use of evdev will be correct.
	Even if above isn't true (I think it is) full support of remote X by dinput
component isn't something useful for about 100% of users anyway.
	Of course everything above is just my opinion.