Wine application compatibility

Rob rob.seger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:02:30 CDT 2007

I understand there are many apps that need more sophisticated tweaking than the average wine user,
even a contributor to the appdb, would be able to do. There are also quite a number of far less
sophisticated tweaks, like needing to be run in win2k and not winXP for example, that are equally
critical to getting application Y to run. Why not have them all in the same place? The open source
model: I'll add what I know and can, you add what you know and can, and together hopefully all of us
will be able to add enough that it's a complete list of tweaks.

There's always the question of dealing with fools and malicious people, and I believe that's what
you were getting at when you spoke of 'filtering' the repository. Wouldn't the wiki model should
work for that? - you have to register to update, and you'll be banned if you hurt the project. It
seems to me that there are enough contributors to appdb to support a system like this, do you agree?

Rob