wget usage in winetricks

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 11:04:38 CDT 2008

I'll say upfront that, *thank you* for wine tricks!

Recently I encounted an interesting issue - I have a .wgetrc which sets always construct directory, and always time stamps, etc. It is equivalent to the command line option:
"-x,  --force-directories        force creation of directories" - while it is my personal preference to always know where I have downloaded stuff from, the usage of wget in winestricks probably should explicitly specify
"-nd, --no-directories           don't create directories" and maybe other options
to make sure that wget is downloading stuff to where you want it to.

I thought of unsetting WGETRC, or setting WGETRC to some unknown place so that user/site-admin preferences are not loaded, but that's dangerous, because proxies, etc
are also set in wgetrc and if winetricks unset wgetrc, connectivity can break. So explicitly do -nd or even -O seems more sensible...