Pulse Audio -- Wine should have instructions on this web site

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Sun Apr 6 05:21:34 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 12:49:55PM -0400, Susan Cragin wrote:
> Back to the initial question:
>
> Given what we have existing, right now, is there any set of instructions or workarounds that makes WINE apps work best?
> even
> killall pulseaudio ??

Yes, stopping PA and using alsa directly probably works best.

The other options are either using the alsa->pulse plugin or the oss
wrapper of pulse. When I tested it the alsa->pulse plugin worked fine
with the applications running under wine I tested, but you need to
configure alsa correctly and there are still a few known problems (so it
doesn't work as good for everything as directly using alsa). I didn't
test the oss wrapper and I don't think it's usefull to invest time in
that, the alsa->pulse plugin is the way to go.

Jan