appdb needs to list 0.9.47 in the pulldown, please

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:07:25 CDT 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 04:14:59 Austin English wrote:

> Has anyone considering talking to Canonical about getting a more
> recent wine version included in wine? While they understandably don't
> want to introduce too new of versions, they also need to take into
> account that we release every two weeks, much faster than most other
> projects.

Not going to work. The whole point of a distribution release is to keep the
versions of the programs stable and just do security fixes. That way, you're
safe from any potential regression in the programs you're using. I agree that
Wine tends to release too often for the usual distro release cycle, but I'd
argue that so far we've not done a too good job about _not_ having
regressions. So I doubt the distros will upgrade the Wine versions
post-release.

Cheers,
Kai

--