d3dx8: D3DXGetFVFVertexSize 2/4

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Apr 9 08:22:17 CDT 2008

Luis Busquets wrote:
> H. Verbeet escribió:
>> On 08/04/2008, Luis Busquets <luis.busquets at ilidium.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Implementation of D3DXGetFVFVertexSize. With this patch WINE responds
>>> correctly to the tests of D3DXGetFVFVertexSize sent in patch 1/4 of today.
>>>

>> You have to either send the implementation first and the test
>> afterwards, or wrap the test in a todo_wine block, and remove it when
>> you send the implementation.
>>
 > I do not understand what you mean. I have added the test in patch 1/4
 > and the implementation in 2/4. I have done so as D3DXGetFVFVertexSize
 > was already implemented as a stub and test 1/4 obviously shows that
 > until you apply implmentation 2/4. Is this not correct?
 >
 > How should I proceed? Do I merge both patches (1 and) in just one?

Regardless of what you adding and when tests should never fail or your patch
will be rejected.

If you adding tests first that don't pass on current Wine mark each test
with todo_wine. This is special wrapper around the test that indicates it's
ok for this test to fail.

When you running tests manually it will still appear they fail. But when you
run 'make test' those tests will pass.

Vitaliy.