optimizations for 1.0

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:24:29 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I have a 64bit linux host and using -m32 with llvmgcc does not seem
>  to be very well documented. I expect to have problems with icc on
>  x86-64 also. Preconfigured LLVM packages for 2.2 work out of the box
>  on OS X where the current Ubuntu binary is at like 1.7 which does not
>  support inline asm. Don't worry, I'll try it in a 32bit linux vm with
>  my own build of llvm trunk and icc when I have more time.

I wasted a bit more time on this than I should have but I was able to
get the 32bit icc to work on my 64bit host to compile Wine with a few
hacks. I've documented the process on the wiki and submitted Wine test
results. If anyone else has time, please try icc on a 32bit host and
let me know if you get a crash when compiling oleaut32. Later when I
have more time I am going to run some benchmarks comparing a directx
game under wine compiled with gcc and icc.

http://wiki.winehq.org/icc
--
Steven Edwards