WineD3D: WineD3D: Use the shader backend to enable / disable atifs and nvts

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sat Apr 12 07:25:12 CDT 2008

Am Samstag, 12. April 2008 05:07:49 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> I thought we decided on IRC that it would make more sense to call the
> shader library from wined3d rather than d3d8, d3d9 and d3d10.
From where we call the shader library isn't all that important to me. For me
it's mainly important that the shader library parses the d3d9 and d3d10
shader and the wined3d GL shader generator works on Wine's internal shader
representation

> I think going the GLSL way makes sense there. Anything supporting GL3
> should fully support GLSL already, and I'm not even sure GL3 will
> support a traditional fixed function pipeline.
What I meant is that it depends on how shaders will look in GL 3.0. If it is
GLSL as it is now, we can just use the GLSL shader backend. If it is vastly
different we'll need a new one.