Several patches for D3DX

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 11:14:58 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Luis Busquets
<luis.busquets at ilidium.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your sincere response. I am aware that there are diverse styles
> of writing the functions and all can be criticised: some for its complexity,
> others for its unreadability, others for its length... Anyway at this point
> in time , what I see as evident is that the three implementations that I
> have submitted comply with their attached tests and I have tried to include
> all the modifications proposed. Although in my opinion the best would be to
> commit these patches and, if needed, increase the beautiness of the code in
> particular direction later, for me it is evident that it is not hard to
> implement these three functions in one way or another.
>
>  Therefore, in the case that the implementations submitted are not liked,
> please, I ask a more experienced programmer to submit his/her
> implementations and commit them to the tree for these really trivial
> functions (D3DXGetShaderVersion, D3DXGetShaderSize, D3DXGetFVFVertexSize).

That's definitely not going to happen.  Style consistency is of utmost
importance when submitting patches.  Very rarely does Julliard accept
a style "beautification" patch.  It has to be right the first time
it's committed.  Also, we're all busy working on whatever we're
working on, so you either fix them up and resend, or they're going to
bit-rot.  P.S. please bottom-post in this mailing list.

--
James Hawkins