wine.info add fake dlls for msacm32.drv and midimap.dll

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 00:56:29 CDT 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov
<dmitry at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>  DLLs are being added to wine.inf only if an app does check for a dll
>  existence, which is not the case here. You need to investigate further
>  what is going on.

This is what Ge said

--

I dug a bit deeper and understand what's going on now. Winmm (in driver.c)
will try to load the low-level drivers using LoadLibrary. Thinstall

Unfortunately, we can't just pass the call on the Windows (or rather Wine)
if we can't find a file. The reason we can't find a file might be that the
application has deleted it. When a virtualized app deletes a file, we don't
really delete the file but mark it internally as deleted. If we pass on a
LoadLibrary call to Windows on a file that doesn't exist as far as the app
is concerned, Windows would still happily load it (we only hide the file
from the app, not from Windows).

--

If I understand the issue correctly the problem is in Wine. The
application works on Windows no problem. The Thinstall LoadLibrary

--
Steven Edwards