cachedmetrics - still used?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 16:24:30 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:

> Austin English wrote:
>  > Looking at documentation/PACKAGING, it seems there's quite a bit of
>  > outdated info (hasn't been updated in 2-3 years...). Anywho, I'm
>  > preparing a few updates for it, but wanted to verify that
>  > cachedmetrics is no longer used. There's a few references to it on
>  > AppDB, but only one reference in the code, and a few on wine-devel
>  > (all of which are pretty old). Is it safe to remove this info?
>  >
>  > -Austin
>  >

>  That documentation really should be deleted and moved to the wiki.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Scott Ritchie

I just created http://wiki.winehq.org/Packaging

I just dumped my updated PACKING file, which is still incomplete. I
removed some old stuff, e.g., references to using windows partitions,
cachedmetrics, etc. Added info on optional packages, but it still
needs quite a bit of work (as well as wiki formatting).  Wine
components definitely needs updating, as well as the general info
about where to install files/etc.