wine.info add fake dlls for msacm32.drv and midimap.dll

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Apr 14 05:57:45 CDT 2008

"Steven Edwards" <winehacker at gmail.com> writes:

> If I understand the issue correctly the problem is in Wine. The
> application works on Windows no problem. The Thinstall LoadLibrary
> hook can't be expected to know about builtin dlls if its searching the
> default directories or looking up KnownDLLs in the registry and they
> are not there, then failure is by design.

This would require creating fake dlls for every single dll we support.
That's a bit problematic considering that we need to load the dll to
retrieve the proper info.

It seems broken for Thinstall to try to second-guess the library search
algorithm, especially now with activation contexts and the like. I'd
argue that they should forward the call to LoadLibrary unless the file
has been explicitly deleted.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org