Full Screen Desktop Mode

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Tue Apr 15 13:18:20 CDT 2008

Here is a feature request that I'd had in my head for quite some time
now. I don't usually pass my crazy ideas on down through the devel pipe,
but I feel this one is too good to pass up on.

Many of us still use desktop mode to get around issues with various
window managers (compiz, metacity, etc). But running a game in desktop
mode, you loose out on running full screen.

It would be slick if the Wine desktop could be switched into full screen
on the fly with a hotkey (say Ctrl + Alt + Enter). So if you are running
a 1280x800 Wine desktop on a 1680x1050 screen, and you hit the hotkey,
the resolution would be switched to 1280x800 and the Wine desktop is
your screen until you hit the hotkey to switch back, or you exit the
program.

Sound fun?