hhctrl.ocx: Parse HTML entities in the table of contents.

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 19:49:30 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 15/4/08, Tomasz Jezierski - Tefnet <developers at tefnet.pl> wrote:
> While reading this patch I found another bug:
> +            if (i ==
> sizeof(char_refs)/sizeof(char_refs[0]))
> +            {
> +                FIXME("character entity %s not
> found\n",
> debugstr_wn(start + 1, p - start - 1));
> +                continue;
> +            }
> I think *start should be changed to another char in that
> case, because
> if we will not change it, we will fall into infinite loop
> like it
> happens with help file in GPSTRACK from bug #6801.

I have experience the infinite loop myself, but I haven't quite checked
where it is - it happens if the table is incomplete and the code
encounters an html entity that's not mentioned in the table. I encountered it when I tried to view some help pages containing german &umlaute; 's
in another help file I happened to have around.
(gpstrack is about french accented characters.)

So in that sense, the patch is dangerous - infinite loop is far worse 
than not seeing a couple of help pages. I think it needs to do something sensible (e.g. don't translate) even if the table is incomplete.

Yahoo! For Good helps you make a difference  


More information about the wine-devel mailing list