.NET 2.0 problematic DLL loading.

Rhys McGuckin rhysmcguckin at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 16 11:31:35 CDT 2008

Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:Many applications behave that way, and we create fake .DLL files in system32.
They are real PE files from their file header, but they do not contain the
implementation. When an app tries to LoadLibrary this DLL we load the builtin
one instead

So we just have to add the needed DLLs to the fake DLL list. We don't add one
there without an application requiring it, because it makes it harder to
install MS library packages. E.g. the IE6 installer fails unless the user
deletes a bunch of those faked DLLs first
The other problem was that it also failed attempting to find l_intl.nls.
And is this list of fake DLLs application specific?
Since I'm not sure what dlls all .NET 2.0 applications are going to try to search for, would we add all the DLLs that are central to windows?
The program that I am using that relies on .NET requires (imm32, lz32, iphlpapi, & l_intl.nls), before it runs into an unimplemented RAS function.